Sketch by William H. Tappan (1849)

Fort Boise

Begun by a British firm, Fort Boise was established in 1834 as a direct competitor to the nearby Fort Hall. It was first located along the Snake River near the present town of Parma, Idaho.

The fort served as a supply point along the Oregon Trail until 1854, when it was abandoned due to flooding and Indian attacks. In 1863, the military constructed a new Fort Boise near the present town of Boise, Idaho.

| Independence | Courthouse Rock | Chimney Rock | Fort Laramie | Independence Rock | Fort Bridger |
| Soda Springs | Fort Hall | Fort Boise | Whitman Mission | The Dalles | Oregon City |